- Today is the Day
- I Will Follow
- You’re Worthy of My Praise
- Communion: Grace Like Rain
- Offering: I Have Decided to Follow Jesus
- Jonah 3:1-5, 10; Mark 1:14-21
- Jonah – a man with a very hard heart, with prejudices and preconceived notions of how God works, His message and who can receive it?
- Jonah 1: Word of the Lord Given a commission, go to Nineveh and preach against the wickedness? Instead he goes in the opposite direction to Tarshish? However, he can’t remove himself from God’s presence.
- Do you hear God’s command? What is your reaction? Do you run the opposite direction?
- Are you comfortable in your prejudices and preconceived notions about God?
- The Lord was still present, despite Jonah’s attempt at fleeing from God. Jonah was more concerned with himself than God’s commission. Even the pagan sailors feared the Lord. Jonah is tossed into the ocean as a sacrifice and is swallowed by a large fish.
- Jonah 2: Jonah prays to God and is spewed onto the land. However his attitude still had not changed.
- Jonah 3: Jonah receives the Lord’s commission, again. He goes to Nineveh and preached a warning of destruction by God. Hearing this warning, the Ninevites obeyed God. God changes his mind and does not destroy Nineveh. His attitude was not in the right place. What is your attitude when you relent and obey God?
- Jonah 4: Jonah showed anger with God changing his mind, believing it was wrong to show grace to the Ninevites. What is your attitude when God shows grace on the wrong? Are you following your views or God’s view, ministry? Are following God’s command, his commission?
- Mark 1:14-21: The disciples dropped what they were doing to follow Jesus. They heard God’s command!
- Open Up the Heavens
- Shout to the Lord
- How Great is our God
- Tis so Sweet to Trust in Jesus
- The Heart of Worship (with Prayer)
- Communion: Remembrance
- Offering: Majesty
- John 1: 43-51; 1 Kings 4:25; Micah 4:4
- We are called to bring everyone into the story (John 1:45)
- We are called to overcome our prejudice (John 1:46a)
- We are called to show instead of argue (John 1:46b)
- We are called to let Jesus look into our heart (John 1:47-48, 1 Kings 4:25; Micah 4:4)
- We are called to move from skepticism to full faith (John 1:49)
- Your Grace is Enough
- Passing the Peace
- Your Great Name
- Majesty (Prayer)
- Communion: Once Again
- Offering: This is Amazing Grace
Monthly Children’s Sermon, given first Sunday of the month (Family Sunday)
- Guard against missing you moment (John 1:10, 11)
- Live like a family member (John 1:12-13)
- Celebrate the Word (John 1:14; Exodus 34:6)
- Embody grace upon grace (John 1:16-17)
- Jesus shows God to the world (John 1:18)
- 3 Shades of Grace: Prevenient Grace; Saving Grace; Sanctifying Grace
Transforming lives through the love of Christ