- Learn the art of refraining from interrupting (Mark 9:4b-5a)
- When you don’t know what to say, be quiet (Mark 9:6)
- Learn to listen (Mark 9:7). Particularly, the next 40 days of Lent, listen to God
- In your quietness, look to Jesus (Mark 9:8)
- Learn the art of confidentiality (Mark 9:9)
- How Great is Our God
- Psalm 46
- Be Still and Know (Prayer)
- Communion: What Do I Know of Holy
- Offering: In the Secret
- Beautiful One
- Wonderful Maker
- Psalm 147:1-11
- Waiting Here For You
- Offering: Everlasting God
Janelle Stewart giving the sermon
- Seek as a community of believers
- We should meet with intention, with preparation
- Sleep – be alert when we arrive
- Read the Word- soften our heart
- Hungry – desire
- Willing – to accept his will
- This will change us. When Moses came down from time in worship with God. All saw his face was radiant.
- See Psalm 33: David proclaimed worship
- Mark 1:29-39: Jesus, The Son of God, sought time alone to pray.
- Jesus knew the scriptures first hand! None was second hand. Our worship is to be experienced by us. Service should not be about the pastor worship in front of us, while we wait. We should seek and actively worship.
- But while we wait for Jesus, we should be actively waiting – meaning we should share Jesus with others while we waiting for his return.
- Galations 6:9: Don’t give up! God is a good god, a good father. He loves us and knows our needs. When we are focused on the “dirt”, God has something better. We need to turn our focus on God
- God is the Everlasting God!
- Kingdom authority is more than head knowledge (Mark 1:22)
- Kingdom authority allows for interruptions (Mark 1:23-24)
- Kingdom authority involves action (Mark 1:25-26)
- Kingdom authority does what it says (Mark 1:27)
- Kingdom authority news travels (Mark 1:28)
- You Are Holy
- Psalm 111
- Still (with Prayer)
- Communion: More than Amazing/I Stand Amazed
- Offering: Our God
Message: Rock – Paper – Scissor
- Jesus is stronger than all, has power over evil. He doesn’t use his strength to intimidate. He uses his power and strength to help other. That’s what we want to do, help other with our strength!
Transforming lives through the love of Christ