- John 15:1-8
- John 15:1-2: Jesus used the vineyard as a metaphor of the kingdom. We are connected to Jesus by way of the vine. Jesus invites all to be part of the vine. God is the vinegrower, actively working in Jesus’ life. He demonstrates God is actively working in Jesus (removes dead branches that do not bare fruit). He also prunes (cares and treats) the vibrant branches to bare more fruit.
- John 15:3-4: We abide in Christ (live in him, and he in us). We cannot live and grow spiritually without Christ.
- John 15:5-6: If do not abide in Christ, we are useless, worthless and are removed/separate from Christ.
- John 15:7-8: When we abide in Christ, we can ask for what we want in the context of Jesus: Love the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind, might and love your neighbor as Christ loves you.
- Do you have branches that need pruning? Are you letting God cut out the dead wood in your life?
Video: Daniel Amos, Abidin’