Pastor Rusty Brian
- There are many examples in the Bible are harmed for doing good.
- In the passage, we are told to do the good thing, right thing.
- Today, the church is viewed as a moral step down, due to impressions made based on negative acts of “the church.”
- Part of doing good is stop doing evil.
- Keep in mind, we live in a world with sin.
- In doing good, we need to unlearn evil.
- There’s also fear of persecution for doing good in Jesus’ name. Peter tells us: Fear not!
- Jesus tells us people suffer for doing righteousness.
- Gain: New life, in the resurrection life.
- Doing good may be annoying to people, but we do it because we are good to do so.
- We can face persecution because we are cleansed and reborn through baptism, and promise of faithful hope.
- Fear not of doing good, even in the face of persecution. Our acts of doing good becomes a testimony.
- Do Good. Unlearn evil. Have no fear. If persecution occurs, be ready to testify why you do good – for the love of Jesus.
- Nothing But the Blood
- Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies)
- Lord I Need You
- Prayer: Instrument For Noble Purpose
- Communion: Grace Like Rain
- Offering: Nothing But the Blood
1 Peter 3:13-33
- Great Are You Lord
- Prayer: Great I Am
- Installation of Pastor Rusty Brian
- Communion: Come As You Are
- Offertory: Lord of the Dance
Pastor Rusty Brian
- At first calling, Abram and Sarai did not know who God was.
- God revealed himself as Abram developed the covenant-based relationship.
- God changes the names to Abraham and Sarah, then came the the covenant (unconditional promises).
- God demonstrates his covenant with countless stars, trust starts. We can began to dream
- Signs of trust:
- Community love
- Christ’s presence is known, seen, felt. Let’s live up to the name of this church
- Future is brighter than the past, embrace change for great new things
- Let’s embrace again a multi-congregational church.
- community outreach. This is the community’s church.
- Future: Discipleship
- What are the dreams of the congregation as we build the church.
- Every Promise
- I Give You My Heart
- Prayer: What a Beautiful Name
- Communion: In Christ Alone
- Offering: We Believe
- Joyful Joyful
- Your Grace is Enough
- Mighty to Save
- Prayer: Come As You Are
- Communion: Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)
- Offering: Your Grace is Enough
Pastor Jeff Purganan
Transforming lives through the love of Christ