Pastor Rusty Brian
- Relieving his coming (birth) and return.
- Advent is Maranatha: The coming of Christ
- Expectations of Christ’s return:
- Here is here, present among us
- New heavens and a new earth
- Dead will be restored
- Judgement – righteousness will be restored
- Sin and death is defeated
- Reign of God
- While we a awaiting, we don’t just around predicting his return, no destroy. We are to live righteous lives, to have it at home (where we are).
- If we are not living righteously, we will not fit where righteousness is home.
- While we wait, we are put our righteousness into action. Must live righteously in all aspects our your lives (e.g. – can’t separate say how act at work (hostile to co-workers), but totally different with your neighbor (kind, peaceful).
- Why hasn’t Jesus come back? As more time passes, allow more opportunities for righteousness to occur (e.g. – repentance, new life, lives saved, serve God, care for others).
- We are to hasten Jesus’ return by living good lives.
- Every moment we live is a gift, and should be used to bring others come to salvation.