Rev. Gary Moore
- Who is Jesus to the people? Many wanted him to be the prophet.
- Jesus asked his disciples- Peter answered “the Messiah.”
- Messiah – the one to set things straight, set God’s people freedom. However, the Jews pinned their hopes in Jesus being the one to set them free from the Roman government (in the likes of David), not free from sin, death. Jesus is the servant king, come to build the kingdom on the rock, those who believe.
- We are a part of the kingdom building. Therefore we need to pay attention on what are we building the kingdom, the rock.
- If we are to be the rock, we must deny ourselves (die to ourselves). Mindset should be the same that Jesus has. Jesus emptied himself of his rights, making himself nothing, taking the form of a servant. He was still God and fully man. He gave up his right to be redemptive.
- This is counter to the world, where we are driven to be individualist. Following Christ, we give up our rights to be servants for others. Love your enemies… Do not condemn…Do not judge..