Pastor Rusty Brian
- Joseph is a forgiver. Went from a hated child, stripped and sold, to becoming the second most powerful person in Egypt.
- He had no reason to forgive. From the world perspective, he had every right to imprison his brother. Instead, he forgives them.
- God desires reconciliation, opposite of the world.
- Joseph’s act of forgiveness is a precursor to the New Testament: Jesus forgives his enemies, those who opposed and persecuted him.
- We all have an opportunity to forgive. Live a life of unforgiveness.
- Who do you need to forgive? You won’t be able to be free is you don’t forgive, instead being shackled to bitterness, anger. Who do you need to ask forgiveness.
- Video from Les Miserables: Valjean’s Soliloquy