Rev. Josh Browand
- We must look to change the wine-skins of this local church
- How the church thrives via the old ways does not work.
- American affiliation with a church has declined. Moving towards an exile in the social conscience.
- People want to believe the church, but do not like how it currently functions. We can’t be investing in the old ways (e.g. expect the church to be focused on a building, preventing disrepair).
- We must participate in a rebirth of the church, in the world as well as this local body.
- This local body has the opportunity to rebirth in many ways. Be careful not the implement the old structure, avoiding change. The would lead to still-birth.
- We can’t be the church of 20 years ago, based on the world of 20 years ago. That world does not exist. We must be the church of tomorrow.
- Even though we don’t know the future, we have God’s promise of good.