Dr. Rusty Brian
- The town came to see Jesus, to get healed
- Jesus changes the setting, goes to the next town and prays
- We should take note of this and do the same when overwhelmed with our personal challenges: change the scene, go somewhere quiet and pray.
- Everyone was seeking Jesus. We need to see Jesus for who He is.
- Is everyone searching for Jesus, today? Probably not as obviously as we think. Less and less people are looking for Jesus, mostly because of how the church is viewed: homophobic, judgmental, political. This is not how the church should be, which dissuades people seeking Jesus. Example: voting. People see Christians voting for candidates whose actions do not line up with Jesus.
- The danger of acting opposite of Jesus is the church can get in the way of those seeking Jesus.
- Here Jesus heals and delivers. Not all were healed.
- Jesus retreated to a quiet place to focus, pray.
- Jesus desires to heal us of the deeper things – the fabric of the universe by bringing God’s goodness into our sickness.