Janelle Stewart giving the sermon
- Isaiah 40:21-31
- Seek as a community of believers
- We should meet with intention, with preparation
- Sleep – be alert when we arrive
- Read the Word- soften our heart
- Hungry – desire
- Willing – to accept his will
- This will change us. When Moses came down from time in worship with God. All saw his face was radiant.
- See Psalm 33: David proclaimed worship
- Mark 1:29-39: Jesus, The Son of God, sought time alone to pray.
- Jesus knew the scriptures first hand! None was second hand. Our worship is to be experienced by us. Service should not be about the pastor worship in front of us, while we wait. We should seek and actively worship.
- But while we wait for Jesus, we should be actively waiting – meaning we should share Jesus with others while we waiting for his return.
- Galations 6:9: Don’t give up! God is a good god, a good father. He loves us and knows our needs. When we are focused on the “dirt”, God has something better. We need to turn our focus on God
- God is the Everlasting God!