Pastor Brent Kall, Olive Knolls Church, Bakersfield
- Stories – The Little Blue Engine: story about confidence – he had the confidence to get over the mountain
- We have mountains facing us. God’s Word – the greatest children’s book – the great “Think I Can” book.
- With Christ as your source, you can overcome mountains.
- The confidence we gain is Christ-centered, not self-generated (worldly version)
- We recognize we can’t do things alone. With God, nothing is impossible. We have confidence in God, that he is all-powerful! Confidence in God is “Godfidence.”
- Philippians 4:13 – “I can do all this through him who gives me strength” – Paul’s statement of Godfidence, written from prison! He was in prison because he gave his life to God, and continued to look to Christ. Godfidence allowed Paul to persevere through bad situations. He was content in have Christ in his life, in him.
- Be careful not to make your Godfidence be centered on rules/laws of church (not be religion-based).
- Godfidence has to be of faith and trust in God with your life!
- John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy….” This is Satan’s statement to destroy our confidence. Christ has “..come that [you] may have life, and have it to the full.” Jesus is your defender. Have faith in Christ: Godfidence!