Pastor Jeff Purganan
- The water is transformation.
- Water represents the springing/rebirth- a transformation
- Just prior, Jesus was baptizing more people the John the Baptist. A concern of the pharisee, who saw John as a threat.
- Jesus was baptizing people and giving eternal life to those who hadn’t been afforded the opportunity. People who were looked down on.
- Who are the people in our lives for whom we’d be persecuted for helping?
- How many times do we let people, society get in our way of being Jesus – serving, loving, caring, feeding, evangelizing?
- The criticism of action we receive for being Jesus – do we let it hold us back? We should instead use is as a marker to do more of that action.
- God’s love is bold. Our living that example, that life – it’s bold.