Pastor Rusty Brian
- There are many examples in the Bible are harmed for doing good.
- In the passage, we are told to do the good thing, right thing.
- Today, the church is viewed as a moral step down, due to impressions made based on negative acts of “the church.”
- Part of doing good is stop doing evil.
- Keep in mind, we live in a world with sin.
- In doing good, we need to unlearn evil.
- There’s also fear of persecution for doing good in Jesus’ name. Peter tells us: Fear not!
- Jesus tells us people suffer for doing righteousness.
- Gain: New life, in the resurrection life.
- Doing good may be annoying to people, but we do it because we are good to do so.
- We can face persecution because we are cleansed and reborn through baptism, and promise of faithful hope.
- Fear not of doing good, even in the face of persecution. Our acts of doing good becomes a testimony.
- Do Good. Unlearn evil. Have no fear. If persecution occurs, be ready to testify why you do good – for the love of Jesus.