Pastor Jeff Purganan
Scripture: Luke 6
- Have the right optics on: not party, but the see through the eyes of God
- Hear the story of God
- Look here: today we congregate as a body, to worship God. In the presence today are voters of Trump, Clinton, nobody, somebody else. The hope is in Christ!
- Be sure you have the right optics
- Luke 6:
- Don’t be inhibited to do works for God
- We don’t need to wait for someone to provide a vision of God to do what we know to do: giving, feeding, healing, council…
- When we give ourselves to God, we are opening ourselves to be used for God’s commands
- Note: in the scripture, the people were not going to Pharisees asking for anything on the Sabbath? It’s because the knew there was nothing (Pharisees literally followed the rule to do nothing on the Sabbath). Jesus: “..which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to destroy it?”
- We need to recognize people’s needs and be ready to fulfill. The congregation needs to know that if you have a need, the body can meet the need.
- We need to be prophetic, redemptive to one another.
- Through Christ, you have the power to meet people’s needs.
- People inside and out will see we have the power of Christ in each of us.