Pastor Rusty Brian
- Moses was not permitted to enter the Promised Land for his disobedience to God. In providing water, Moses failed to give glory to God and drew attention to himself. (Numbers 20:7-13)
- Recall: we struggle in obedience to God because of our inability to let go of worldly concerns and desire. We create idols for visible representation of God. The Israelite tended to worship Moses. Moses act above drew attention to himself.
- Moses failure resulted in him not being able to enter the Promised Land. He watched the Israelite enter the Promised Land before passing away.
- This was not about Moses, but about God.
- God takes the messes of our lives and make it a masterpiece.
- Three take-aways:
- Moses failed big. God took Moses’ mess
- This life is not all that there is. If it was, this would be bad story. But this is not the end. God did amazing thing through Moses’ faithfulness and anointed others to lead the Israelite beyond Moses’ end, but to continue works for God.
- If we are faithful to God, despite the mess, people will see God will turn the mess into a masterpiece.