- Galatians 6:2
- It’s okay to call for help when we are in need of help.
- We are all brothers and sisters to carry each other.
- Life is difficult
- When we become a community, we bear one another’s burden. The burden can be of any difficulty.
- We are to help another to alleviate a burden, continually. We will face it.
- When we do this, we there is a promise with the fulfillment of the Law of Love. (John 15:12; Gal 5:14; James 1:2-3;
- How do we help:
- First, look around, see your brother and sister and notice if there’s a burden.
- Second, that person has to be open and honest with our struggle.
- Third, pass your burden to the Lord (Psalm 55:22), but allow others to help (2 Cor 7:5-7)
- Fourth, look for simple, practical ways to help (financial, physical, etc): send words of encouragement, provide food, make a visit, etc
- Be ready to carry each other’s burdens.